Friday, April 24, 2009

Trips trips trips!


Well, we have really been enjoying the spring weather here. Its been a little unpredictable sometimes, but the sun and flowers in bloom are so uplifting. It's the middle of April and we are beginning to wonder if we are going to be here another year. Some days I am very anxious to go home, buy a house, return to normal life...have some conveniences again. Other days I look out my window and can't believe I live in Italy...its a crazy feeling.

Chris and I took a quick trip to Austria in March to visit Salzburg and Vienna. It was wonderful and COLD! It was wonderful to see where Mozart was born, and walk the streets where composers such as Beethoven, Strauss and Mozart were kings. It was great! The food was wonderful and the people were lovely. I loved Salzburg the most, it still has a quaint charm, not so over run with tourism.
Spring break in April we took the kids and went to Provence, France. We travelled with two other familes, and the kids had a great time. We rented a "Chateau" in a little town south of Arles, France. The accomidations weren't really what we had hoped for, but we made the best of the situation. We took frequent day trips to the surrounding towns, and my favorites were Aix en Provence, Arles, Nice and Pont du Gard. French food is so wonderful! The cheese is fabulous. We met a couple that cooks for travelers in the area, and they made us two wonderful dinners, and we hope to keep in touch with them over the years. On our way home from France, we took a detour and stopped in Milan. I couldn't pass up seeing Da Vinci's "The Last Supper". It word: amazing. I am so glad we didn't miss it!

Easter was a very busy day. Some friends of mine from Fresno were due to arrive for a visit, so Chris and I worked diligently to get the guest room ready again and get the house organized. The girls loved hunting for their easter baskets, and they enjoyed dyeing eggs. Both girls looked so darling in their Easter dresses, I look forward to being perhaps near to family next year for Easter, I miss being able to share these moments with them. Happy Spring Everyone!




1 comment:

Heidi said...

How sad is it that I just found your blog? Pretty sad, I say. Your girls are so cute and your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

~you cousin Heidi