Monday, November 29, 2010

So far behind

I have had all kinds of posts running around inside my head the last couple of weeks, and I haven't had the energy or time to sit down and craft them correctly. I will say that I have such a grateful heart for my life right now and all the possibilites that are in front of me. Chris is working hard, I am working hard, the girls are growing and doing well. Gradon is a joy, an absolute joy. He makes me think I could do this mom thing one more time...but that is another topic for another post. =) Thanksgiving was yummy, winter is here, and now we are planning Christmas and the holiday season. I am trying to embrace Christmas this year and forget about the STUFF. I find that some years it can be hard for me to really feel the Christmas spirit, not sure why, maybe it is stress, maybe I need to be better about encouraging the spirit in my life. I want to feel that glow this year, a real warmth and joy, not just because my children are happy and excited, but because I truly feel it as well. So, that is where I am...charging ahead into another Christmas season with the goal of feeling peaceful and happy. I have lots of things on my list that I want to do, things I want the kids to experience, more goals I want to reach. I am realizing more and more just how simple life can be when we focus one day at a time on what truly matters: family, faith, love, joy, making a memory. Maybe this realization is the beginning of my joyous holiday. I hope so.

No comments: