Sunday, November 6, 2011

Autumnal Update

We are in the Seattle Washington area this weekend for Chris' brother's wedding. It is the last Cochran brother to be wed, there are SEVEN boys in the family. I have been thinking a lot this weekend about my life since I met my husband, ten years of marriage, ten years of family get togethers...and it has lead me to some interesting conclusions about myself and about families in general. I am very thankful for my husband and his family. I am grateful that we were able to fly out for this last brother's wedding, I missed the last one because I was 41 weeks pregnant with Sophia in 2007. I am grateful that each time I get together with this huge amazing family I get closer to one more person and I don't feel so overwhelmed by all their personalities.

I am grateful my parents flew out to Maryland to watch the girls, we just couldn't afford to take them with us, which made me sad as I watched the Cochran cousins play together. They are having a great time with Grandma and Grandpa, however. =)

I am grateful for November, a fantastic month in my opinion, where I try each day to think of something new to be thankful for. November is a special month, it is the month my mother was born, and on the same day 61 years later my little Ellie was born, the week of Thanksgiving.

November is when I start gearing up for a new year to come, and evaluating the year past. So far, it's been highly productive I am feeling really good. Yesterday I ran 9 miles with my super-amazing-athletic-queen sister in law Heather. I ran my fastest time yet. My half marathon is in two weeks....yikes. I am thankful for being able to overcome fears. I am seriously amazed at my progress in dealing with some big issues in my life. 2011, you have been outstanding! November and December, you still have so many good things on the horizon. I am looking forward to the weeks ahead.

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Well said! I'm looking forward to your race too! Keep it up. :)