Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Birthday

Ellie turned 7 last week. I honestly don't know how that has happened, it was just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital on Thanksgiving. I was so excited to be her mother, I was nervous and worried that I wouldn't know what to do with a little baby, but somehow it came easily, and now I love thinking about these past 7 years of her growth.

I must say I am beaming with pride with her accomplishments, she is an excellent student, voracious reader,quick at math, beautiful dancer, kind and loving sister, and an attentive friend. She loves reading the scriptures and pours over the friend magazines. She is learning so much about the gospel and soon she will be baptized...again I can't believe how old she is! She is my little Ellie, my light. I am so happy she is mine.

For her birthday this year I wanted to make sure it was special since it fell on Thanksgiving. I knew it was going to be a busy day full of cooking and not much time for celebrating a birthday. Late the night before Chris helped me string a bunch of butterflies to hang from the ceiling in her room while she slept. She was so surprised when she woke up! It was magic. Both the girls were captivated by the butterflies. It made my heart so happy. Gradon loved them too.












Sophia took this :)






In the afternoon we spent our Thanksgiving dinner feast at Andy and Teresa's house and we had a great day together. The Sunday following Thanksgiving we had cake and ice cream and presents. It was fun to stretch out her birthday, and I don't think she minded one bit! Happy Birthday Ellie! We love you so much.







1 comment:

Jeri said...

Those pictures at the end are amazing!!! Gorgeous! Happy birthday to Ellie! (Sophia is a natural! I love that shot!)