Friday, December 9, 2011

Hello, Blog

Okay, I have LOTS on my mind and things to share. I can't believe that it is December 12th and this is my first post of the Christmas season. I have November to catch up on, and fun things to post about the holidays.

Firstly- I need to talk about some stuff and get it off my chest, then I will fill you in on the good stuff.

Do you ever feel like you are fighting some kind of battle? Like some mornings you wake up knowing what lays ahead and before your feet hit the ground you are already making your escape plan for the day? (Laugh) It feels like sometimes I am fighting a losing battle with my 'to do' list. My 'to do' list just gets longer and longer and really it makes me frustrated.

Secondly, this is the time of year where I really evaluate my life, I think with my birthday coming up in a few weeks I get the New Year's bug and my 'I need to accomplish' panic sets in and thus, more to add to the list. I have a new theme for 2012, and I will share it once 2012 rolls around. I am excited for new goals, but maybe with a new spin this year. =)

Lastly, are you having a nice holiday season? I am trying to not put so much pressure on myself this year to plan every minute, and like President Uchdorf talked about making things 'too perfect' and in turn make more misery than joy. I am trying to focus on the real meaning of Christmas in my heart and with my children and still give them some wonderful magic moments and things to look forward to.

It is a beautiful day here today. It is COLD, but the sun in shining. My kids are doing well, the hubby is doing so well at school we are really blessed. This year has been a great one, with great memories. This time next year we will know what Chris will be selecting for residency (!!!) (Insert panic and insanity). How is it possible we are so close to the end of 4 years of med school?? We are talking about specialties and locations and boy oh boy what to do. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the Lord has in store.

We had a wonderful time tree hunting at a local tree farm. The kids got to see Santa, which was awesome. Isn't that a great sleigh? Chris and the kids dutifully followed me around all morning while I hunted for 'just the right tree'. They really are a patient group. We had fun, getting the tree up is a fabulous part of the holiday season. Hope you are enjoying your holidays too.


Do you see that big smile on my baby's face? He LOVED Santa. It was so cute.













1 comment:

Becca said...

What beautiful children! I am loving your photography. Wish I was closer so you could teach me a thing or two.