Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Coming..

SPRING! I am so relieved! I have been anticipating this shift in the weather ever since the snow storm to end all snow storms hit. My soul and mind just doesn't fare well in the winter time. I feel trapped, confined, always struggling to be warm. Maybe its the California girl in me, but truly I feel like its my free spirit, always looking for something uplifting and joyful. Here is the promise of spring right outside my door, daffodils (I think) planted by the last owner of the house. I have been watching them peak out of the snow for a few weeks and I am looking forward to seeing them in full bloom soon.

Here is a wonderful poem from poemhunter.com by Mark Slaughter: "Spring"
A sense of warmth is tapping at the door-
And hope, a feeling out from distant lore-
Or so it seems clears the deep refrain!
Emergin youth:a dormant lea awakes.
The raging colour, ringing loud, partakes
In annual birth-spring is born again!
A zest anew for nascent life
Begins in floral train:
Carriage one: a snowdrop thrill;
Carriage two, the crocus;
Number three, a daffodil- dancing
Drawing focus- as she would
Attention seeker!
How I love our spring-
The bold and sleeker feel I get
An inner glow, a ring!
I've paid the winter's chilly debt, so
Let's upon the wing!


No comments: