Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Wrap Up

The annual Christmas Eve "Feastival" was delicious again this year. We really enjoy Andy and Teresa's tradition of choosing the menu on Christmas Eve based on family favorites. This year's menu included: pigs in a blanket (Kalina's choice) hot wings, (Andy's), crazy jello salad and cookie salad (Teresa's choice), marinated flank steak (Ellie's), mashed potatoes, (Sophia's), caramel brownies (Chris) and pizzetti, a Neapolitan tradition around Christmas time (which are fried mini pizzas) with home made dough, sauce and fresh mozzerella as my pick. Andy and Teresa invited another family over for dinner and they brought perogie's and cheese pizza. Round everything out with a veggie tray and lots of crackers and cheese and we were heartily stuffed. I didn't take any photos of the food again this year. I think we are all too distracted eating and talking for me to pick up my camera.

After the meal we enjoyed some Christmas carol singing, talents by the cousins, and Andy talking to the kids about the first Christmas. Kids unwrapped their new pajamas and it was time to head home for bed. Great night!





Christmas Day was lovely- I really enjoy having Christmas fall on Sunday, we got up, opened stockings, ate a yummy breakfast and got ready for church. The sacrament service was lovely and inspiring, and then after one hour, we were back in the car headed home to finish presents. Gradon slept all morning so he didn't experience Christmas until after church. He wasn't too concerned with all of it anyway. The girls helped him open his presents. He got a new scoot bike from Santa which he hopped on for a few minutes. Ellie's favorites of the morning were her new roller-blades and her new sleeping beauty doll. Sophia's favorite gift was her complete Jessie the Cowgirl dress-up set, complete with hat and sparkly red boots. She did ask me why Santa didn't bring her the 'donkey' and a rope too, I said that Santa thought the 'donkey' and rope weren't good choices this year for gifts. (Lol) As always Santa was very generous with Mrs. Claus this year. I am a lucky girl. I love my new camera bag.




Wednesday night we made it to the temple to see the lights. The kids loved it, and were so excited to see all the colors and the nativities from around the world and the decorated trees. I enjoyed taking pictures of bokeh lights-lots and lots of bokeh. =) I will spare you all of the pictures I took, but here are a few of my favorites.






The kids have been asking for snow everyday this month. Sophia asked me today if it was going to snow this year, I told her probably not. Well, it is December 29th and outside my window there are little tiny flakes falling. She is so excited. It's been a great holiday. I am gearing up for a big birthday tomorrow and a relaxed New Year. I am excited about what the year will bring.



No comments: