Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


Had the most wonderful mother's day. Pink and red roses from my girls, breakfast in bed courtesy of Honey and the girls, a new baking cookbook and photoshop 8! Fantastic dinner with family an hour long talk with my mom. It was a nice day.
As I have gotten older and my experiences have changed, my perspective on Mother's Day has changed. I have tried to do something nice for my mom and grandmothers (when they were alive) something feminine, something thoughtful. But in recent years I have found that not only am I worried about the gift I give, but my expressions of appreciation on days other than just mother's day. I have become much more sentimental and more appreciative. I want my mom and so many women who have guided me and loved me as their own to know just HOW MUCH I admire them and appreciate their love, wisdom and generosity. I guess the best way to do this is to 'pay it forward' be the kind of woman these women have been to me to share, love, nurture, laugh and bring joy whenever possible.
 With all of that being said, I have to say, my mother  my rock. She is such an amazing woman. She taught me some wonderful lessons. A few of my favorites:

                use it up, wear it out, make it work or do without
               a clean bathroom will always make you smile
never go to bed with a sink full of dirty dishes
always wear a slip and hose to church
music is vital to the soul
do it once and do it right
Jesus Christ loves you no matter what
flowers are perfect anytime
live your life without regrets
cherish family

I love my mother. I admire her so much. I can hopefully be like her someday. She is a great lady. 

1 comment:

Rileigh said...

oooh good advice