Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This Girl


Is 5 1/2, and today she lost her first tooth! Holy cow! When did my baby get so big??? She was SO excited to show me when it fell out. I was standing at the top of the stairs and she was at the bottom, she shouted, 'mama, I lost my tooth!'  It has been loose now for about a week. We discovered it at church, I noticed that her teeth weren't as straight as I was used to seeing them, and with a closer look, saw that her adult tooth is pushing her baby tooth out of the way. I was in utter disbelief! How could my little five year old be ready to lose a tooth?? How could this little baby, this little girl be big enough to lose a tooth?


Everyday she gets bigger, and the little milestones tug at my heart. I am so proud of my little girl, so amazed at her growth. I just want to hold onto her being small a little longer.

No comments: