Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Fathers have such an important significance to us, great memories, important lessons learned, influence and wisdom taught. My own father was such a sense of strength and support to me growing up, he was always there for me, always a great listener, kind, thoughtful wise, solid. No matter what was going on in my life as a kid, my dad always had time for me. He had a quiet way about him that I appreciated especially when I got older. He is the type of Dad that didn't have to fill the silence with talk and chatter, but when we did talk, it was always comfortable and easy. My Dad is a great cook, he takes care of so much at my parent's house, he loves to make sure everyone is comfortable and taken care of. He is a man I will always admire, a man who I respect and love so much.

My husband is the kind of Dad I always wanted for my own kids, dedicated, strong, a man with his goals and priorities in tact. My husband knows the value of sacrifice and hard work, consequences and truth. He loves to play and be a kid and also wants our children to grow up disciplined and kind. He is my best friend, someone I trust with my whole heart. I am so grateful for the dads in my life. I am grateful for their love, support, strength and goodness. I feel very blessed today and everyday for their guidance.


Sunday was fun. We enjoyed church, the girls gave daddy their gifts, and then we made a FEAST. Huge grilled steaks, marinated grilled veggies, homemade cherry pie, rice pilaf, yummy bbq beans, green salad and fruit courtesy of A&T. The cousins enjoyed playing together, and it was a great way to celebrate a special day, with family, good food and memories of times past. Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads in our lives!

No comments: