Thursday, July 1, 2010

36 weeks plus

It's only a matter of time before our baby brother will be born and join our family. These last few weeks have been somewhat uncomfortable for me, he is a mover and shaker for sure. I have not felt this much movement from any baby so far, and his movements are strong, direct and frequent. Night time he really wakes up, which is a bit of a concern. =) As of today, 36 weeks and 4 days, I am 40% effaced, but not dilated. Doc is really happy with where everything is, and to date 24 pounds gained. Blood pressure is still amazing at 120ish over 70. Feeling good, just tired and achy. I have aches and pains in places I did not have with my girls! This pregnancy has definitely been different for me in some ways, but over all I can't complain. I have been able to workout my whole pregnancy, felt strong and healthy. I am grateful and feel very blessed for three healthy pregnancies.

I am not sure if I want this little guy coming early, it would be nice not to have to go 3 1/2 more weeks, but I am not 'ready' for the change and shift in life that accompanies a newborn. I am nervous about sleepless nights, breast feeding, recovery from childbirth, etc. I am happy that he is still happily swimming around in there, kicking away, getting stronger and stronger. I would rather not be induced this time, but we will see what happens. Sophia was 9 days late, longest 9 days of my life, so hopefully baby brother won't do that to me!

Chris is working hard and getting his room finished, installed a new ceiling fan, and cans for light in his room. Next step is to paint and get the room together. I am excited about the theme: 'vintage aviation' with bedding by pottery barn kids. Searched around all over for a cute set, and this one was on sale, so that made it perfect. Grandmother Cochran made the cutest quilt. I found the fabric for the center squares, and she filled in the rest. We have some fun prints to hang, and a propeller found at Target. I think I also want to get some vinyl letters made with his name, and perhaps a cute red by plane. We will see as things come together what we will add for finishing touches.
The girls are excited, even Ellie who has been mostly hesitant about a baby brother is looking forward to the baby's arrival. It is going to be fun to have a new addition to our family.

No comments: